CATALYSING IMPROVEMENTS IN INDIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
The program is designed to demonstrate :
- The impact of developing leadership in Education to create sustainable change
- The linkage between Leadership Practices and Student Outcomes in our Indian education system setting
It takes a system, not just a teacher.
Although effective teaching is essential, achieving the audacious goal of improved student outcomes for every child requires a supportive and aligned system. Education research shows that great schools are led by great leaders. Successful school and systems leaders directly and indirectly promote improvement over time by combining both transformational and instructional leadership strategies.
The Indian education landscape has challenges of scale and size. We cater to over 220 million children, 6 million teachers and more than 1.5 million schools. These numbers point to a system that needs to ensure equal quality in education for every child despite the complexity in challenges that the system offers. Through the incubation programme at EduMentum, we have been able to enable 41 grass root organizations who understand the the context of their geography, with the knowledge and resources to lead successful systemic transformation in education impacting over 20,000 schools and 9,18,000 children. Now, through the accelerator program EduMentumX we are aiming to create an ecosystem that fosters the growth of contextual and systemic solutions to transform education in India and lead Systemic Education Transformation.
Vision of EduMentumX
Creating proof points of linkage between leadership practices and student outcomes
Contributing to impactful case studies of effective leadership practices
Demonstrating impact across contexts through 10 different geographies
Building solutions that can work at scale
What EduMentumX offers?
- Existing programmes with Education Leaders – School Leaders, Teacher Leaders (CRP/BRP/BRM/BM/DM) Administrative leaders in Education (BEO/DEO etc)
- Existing partnership or sustained engagement with a government institute at District Level
- Team size of at least 5 full time employees
- At least two full time co-founders with one of the co-founder participating in the complete accelerator program
- Aspiration to work at scale with clear road map for next 3 years
3 years from the year of selection
No, you can apply to our incubation program instead. Read more about the program here
Organizations will have to submit a detailed application, shortlisted organizations will have an interview with the panel and final list of organizations will be announced
- Organizations will have to attend bootcamps, workshops and other sessions conducted in person or online ( whatever the format it will be organized in)
- Organizations will commit to design and implement aligned programs for education leaders on ground
- Remote sessions with mentors and some times in person meeting with mentors when the bootcamps are organized
- You must be registered as a nonprofit organization and have required certifications (eg: 12 AA for Section 8 companies) to receive the grant
- Grant disbursal will be over a period of 3 years
- Grant will be disbursed based on the milestones the organization has agreed on in the program